IT Security is a central plank of the Core Team One managed services offering and has never been more important due to the increased volume and sophistication of attacks by cyber criminals and bad actors.
- In fact, recent research shows: –
- Ransomware jumped by 127% in Q2 of 2020
- Phishing is the leading cause of Ransomware and accounts for 59% of attacks
- In the UK, a business is successfully hacked every 19 seconds
- As of the fourth quarter of 2020, the GDPR commission has issued 435 fines due to Data Breaches
- A total of 21% of the violations were for insufficient technical and organisational measures for information security.
With such statistics in mind, Core Team One offer a range of services to improve your IT Security.
These include: –
- Endpoint Security – CTO recommend Trend Worry Free Services, which uses a blend of advanced threat protection techniques to eliminate security gaps across any user activity and any endpoint.
- Perimeter Security – CTO recommend FortiGate Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) to govern all data transmissions in and out of the business network. By protecting your Internet perimeter, any device that tries to access a known malicious website or email from within your data network will be protected by the NGFW.
- Cyber Essentials Consultancy – Cyber Essentials Certification gives you peace of mind that your defences will protect against the vast majority of common CYBER-ATTACKS, simply because cyber criminals are looking for targets which do not have the Cyber Essentials technical controls in place. Plus, certification will reassure current and potential customers that you take cyber security seriously.
- GDPR & HIPAA Advice – CTO can help you navigate the implications of GDPR and HIPAA standards from the IT perspective and put in place appropriate measures to mitigate fines from the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
- Multi-factor Authentication – CTO are skilled in the implementation of Multi-factor Authentication features in Microsoft 365 and their use with Microsoft Authenticator. When deploying MFA, CTO integrate with the Identity Access Management (IAM) for Single Sign On (SSO) management.
- DMARC Implementation – CTO are experts in securing your domains from email impersonation and phishing attacks using DMARC. Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) is a free and open technical specification that is used to authenticate an email by aligning Sender Policy Framework (SPF) and Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) mechanisms. DMARC’s value comes in replacing the fundamentally flawed “filter out bad” email security model with a “filter in good” model.
IT Security is too important to leave to chance these days, particularly considering the potential fines which can be levied under GDPR for Data Breaches and the disastrous impact it can have on your brand reputation. So get the experts – CTO – onboard!